Call for Abstracts
- The Society for the History of Modern Philosophy at Ohio State University invites the submission of abstracts for a conference on the philosophy of George Berkeley to be held May 1-2, 2020. Abstracts of 300-500 words on any topic related to the philosophy of George Berkeley are welcome.
Keynote Speaker: Kenneth Pearce (Trinity College, Dublin)
For accepted speakers, two nights of accommodation will be provided. Additional travel funding may be available for graduate students or those who do not have research funding through their institution.
Please submit abstracts (for blind review) to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 17, 2020. If you have questions, please direct them to Scott Harkema at email@example.com.
- The International Berkeley Society will host a session at the 2020 American Philosophical Association meetings in Philadelphia, PA.The session is scheduled for Thursday, January 9, 5:30-7:30 pm.
- Nancy Kendrick (Wheaton College, MA)
- David Mwakima (University of California, Irvine): “What is Berkeley’s Master Argument?”
- Clare Moriarty (Trinity College Dublin): “The Ad Hominem Argument of Berkeley’s Analyst”
- Richard Brook (Bloomsburg University): “Berkeley and the Phenomenology of Action”